Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Double Boiling

After my brush with death making brittle the other day, I decided to keep the baking and candy-making to a minimum. Although I still need to break out the double boiler, what could be easier than dipping things in melted chocolate?

Fifty weeks of the year I shy away from white chocolate. It's like taking all that makes chocolate holy, then choosing what's left. Cocoa butter. It really doesn't deserve to even be called chocolate, but "edible moisturizer" doesn't sell. However the dipped pretzels are a hit every year, and have become a Casa Midtown tradition. Plus they sort of look festive.


But I am still tempted to try Stevie's Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. What could be better than half brownie, half cookie and half powdered sugar? Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I am of the same opinion regarding "white chocolate". I can't stand it on its own, but it is not bad with pretzels.

    ReplyDelete