Friday, December 24, 2010

European Christmas Vacation


Since JB was scheduled to lay over in Brussels over Christmas, we tentatively planned for me to accompany him this trip. I say "tentatively" because pass travel is an adventure at the best of times, and all travel plans are at the mercy of current passenger loads. Sure, you can look ahead and say a flight looks good, but one cancellation can change the game completely. But when it does work out, it's a beautiful thing.

Today's flight looks wide open with a nearly empty front cabin. But even on the off chance I sit in coach, I'll still get VIP service due to my sleeping with the lead flight attendant.

The flight back on the other hand is looking iffy. As I sit in the airport lounge drinking a beer and watching the CNN Airport Channel, I see the headline "Winter Storm brings Charles de Gaul Airport To A Standstill."

Dang. CDG was my Plan B for getting home Monday. Next headline: "Delta Cancels 300 Flights in Atlanta -- Rain, snow & ice expected tomorrow."

Time to order a second beer. My butterflies are thirsty.

Location:ATL Concourse E

3 comments:

  1. I hope you made it! I saw that weather as well and thought of you guys.
    Also, on a side note, I remember flying with you guys to Germany and not really wanting to get off that plane. And I didn't even have to sleep with the lead flight attendant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope you made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The trip was awesome and I was able to sit in business both ways.

    ReplyDelete