Monday, January 17, 2011

Closeted

I hate when I realize way after everyone else that I've had a bad attitude. I can blame last weeks weather which kept me inside eating, wiping out any progress I've made since New Years. Or when I did go out, slipping on the ice which left me walking like I've been violated. Or not really getting violated.

But I'm not going to assign blame. Instead I'm going to try to turn my head around and make this week make me forget the bad parts of last week. Part of this plan involves getting back in the gym and in the park running as the ice melts and my tail bone improves.

Another part is to do something nice for all the people I may have been short with or didn't pay attention to while I was focussed on my own problems. Including my upstairs neighbor who likes to rev the engine on his Corvette after midnight. I think standing on my balcony last night bitching at him was my turning point. Really? I'm that guy? No, I'm not.

So here's my attempt to make it up to StevieB for belittling his excitement for the impending opening of the Denver IKEA. I'm sorry guy. I understand, I really do. Look what I did when our IKEA opened. Behold the Joan Crawford Memorial Closet...



See? I have a walk-in I can actually walk into, but I have no room to poke fun. I have a cock ring drawer for crying out loud. I hope you accept my apology.

Now I need to figure out how to make it up to Jersey Shore on the third floor.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I didn't know about that cock ring drawer. I just assumed it was the hardware drawer that everyone else keeps in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But where do you put the ropes and chains?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. God. Gayest closet ever! Our friendship transcends IKEA, although I officially hate you for having a cockring drawer. I just keep my in the Crisco can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I say cock rings? I meant napkin rings. When are you coming to dinner again Julie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, directional lighting and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's also LED accent lighting. :)

    ReplyDelete