Monday, January 24, 2011

Morning Workout

Woke up at 5:15am with no alarm this morning and went into the gym. Morning workouts used to be a habit for me, but since I switched gyms and got a workout partner I've been going in the evenings. I'd forgotten how nice this feels. There's something about knocking it out first thing and starting the day with easy win.

It would be nice to have a job that I could count on being able to make it reliably to the gym at 6pm, but it almost never fails that some "emergency" pops up around 5pm that demands immediate attention. Then there's traffic. Then there's the fact that every other queen likes to go to the gym at 6pm.

I've tried to talk Gil into a once-a-week morning session, but he refuses. Says he's not a "morning person". The fact of the matter is, to him, the gym is a social experience. A gym without men is like a gym without plates. Ironically, he's the one to start cursing when he has to wait for a station or a bar.

So we compromised. We'll coordinate so that when we do get together once or twice a week, we can work the same sets. I've gotten used to working out with a partner, but it's nice to focus on work without having to stress out about making it to the gym on time.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, but I am reading this as I sit and wait for my own gym to open.

    ReplyDelete