Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ojo Rosado

Who gave you pink eye??
Last night I noticed I was having a problem with my contact lens. This morning it's a full blown case of conjunctivitis. "What's conjuva-cactus?" asks JB, standing on his toes to get a closer look.

"Pink eye."

"Unclean! Uncleeeeean! Stop looking at me!"

There are a lot of great things about having a Mexican husband. The food comes to mind. And the excitement inherent in never quite knowing when I'm about to cross the fine, invisible line between World's Best Boyfriend and Estupido Puta.

One thing that's not so cool is the superstitious ritualism that takes the place of reason in matters such as science, medicine and network printing. The man can be bottomed in every conceivable position in bed, but merely stepping over him when he's on the floor, that's a violation? WTF?

JB actually believes I can give him my pink eye by looking at him. Seriously? Infectious germs can travel on beams of light? Since he also thinks he can get it by watching an animal poop, I guess so.

3 comments:

  1. While I am sure these little cultural insights your hubby has may be tiresome at times. It's also kind of adorable and amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that still shines through my logical, cynical perspective, ZP, because youre right. There's no end to the adorable and amusing anecdotes around here. On my Facebook status this morning I put "Scott Baio gave me pink eye." JB didn't know who that was and until I explained the South Park reference, he was gearing up to kick some Chachi ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, I lost concentration after "bottomed in every conceivable position..." Still going through them in my head...

    ReplyDelete