Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

I think people who know my JB would agree he's a puzzle wrapped in an enigma covered in fur. But the tootsie roll center is pure estrogen. It's not that he's effeminate, not in demeanor. He just has a woman's brain. And heart. Maybe even gay men aren't immune to subconsciously looking for someone just like Mom.

He's a natural care taker (care giver?) who makes sure everyone who enters his circle of influence wants for nothing. He wears his heart on his sleeve. When he gets withdrawn, I know there's something bothering him. If he tells me "it's nothing" I know I'm in trouble for something. I don't push, I know it'll only be a matter of time.

When a sentence starts with "I have to tell you something..." or "Can I ask you a question?..." I cringe. The other day he was upset about something I did in a dream of his. He gets insecure if he thinks I don't find him attractive any more. And this always puzzles me, since I think I always make my feelings for him crystal clear.

But just to be sure, I'm going to make sure Valentine's day is properly observed.

4 comments:

  1. Your love is true and strong! True and strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw . . . . Such a nice, sweet post. Make sure you go all out for JB. Candies, flowers (roses or tulips), a nice dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have described him perfectly. I wish I had as much estrogen as he.
    I just wish you would stop doing crappy things in his dreams because we all love it when he is happy. Now I'M angry at you!-:)

    ReplyDelete