Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pac Welcomes/Fears Change

I've been exploring some of the new Blogger features trying to decide if I like them or not.

My mobile templates are now enabled. I think I do like this, although it's not as fancy in a Safari HTML5 kinda way as the WordPress mobile presentation. But I do like that the mobile templates are only used on my iPhone and that the normal layout is chosen on my iPad. Mobile presentations seem a bit simplistic on an iPad, and the feeling is the same as when running an iPhone-only app on it. I'm curious to hear from Android users how it looks on that platform.

As for the new Dynamic Views, I'm not sure yet. I like the "Sidebar" layout for quickly reviewing posts and catching up. And some of the others (like "Snapshot" and "Mosaic") seem perfect for a more photo-oriented blog. But there are no widgets and my blog-roll disappears. I don't like that. And the the links to take the reader back to the normal layout are unclear.


I'm still deciding whether to keep the Dynamic Views enabled. Feel free to try them out and let me know what you think.

1 comment: