Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oxygen

Thanks for the nice feedback on the 64-story stair climb. I was pleasantly surprised there was absolutely no soreness in the days following. Especially considering that immediately upon returning home, I almost fell on my face starting the one flight of steps from the car port.

I think my arms got as much of a workout as my legs, pulling myself up the hand rails.

I'd been training on that machine at the gym that looks like a mini-escalator, but that was deceptively easy. Julie explained that it's not just the climb, but the fact that the activity of all the climbers shifts the O2 and CO2 levels in the stairwell. This is why the fire-fighters climb last, and in full gear. It makes for a realistic training exercise.

I can tell you I haven't heard so much heavy breathing since watching Kirstie Alley on Dancing with the Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment