Monday, August 29, 2011

A Year of Scruff

I know I've been slack keeping up with my blog of late, as my job has been demanding a majority of my time and attention. After putting in enough hours last week to make up for my recent trip to Chicago, I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend. As usual though, JB had made other plans.

On Saturday we went to a cookout at a friend's house in honor of some other friends visiting from Spain. I've known Pedro for several years, but this was the first time meeting his new boyfriend. They're both very nice and a lot of fun.

After an entertaining (and sexy) discussion of how Pedro and Carlos met online, I started reminiscing how it was exactly a year ago I first installed Scruff on my phone. I haven't logged into Scruff in months, but I credit the app for having made a significant impact on my life.

Believe it or not, all my hours on Scuff never resulted in any actual hookups. I've shied away from local woofs and gravitated toward hot furry men from distant lands. I treasure the friends and crushes I've made around the world, one of whom has become one of my dearest friends. In fact, it was he who convinced me to start my own blog.

Later Saturday night I fired up Scruff and logged in. I said "hi" to a few friends and went to bed. On Sunday JB made plans for us to visit some other friends for another cookout. While there, my phone started buzzing in my pocket. When I got a chance to check it, I saw several Scruff messages from a bear named "Mad Leather Cop". The pics were filthy. And hot. And familiar. Then he wrote, "My bf and I are visiting from Madrid and think you're sexy. Got any pics?"

Pedro obviously didn't know it was me he was woofing. My fault for not showing my face in my profile pic. I responded by saying "Sure..." and sending a pic of Pedro and me taken during Saturday's barbecue. We had a good laugh. This morning I noticed I had messages. More nasty pics from Mad Leather Cop.

Gulp. Logout.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, so you made a wonderful impression on the Spaniard. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're cute and Pedro sounds cute. If it's okay with JB, go for it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...only in the gay community. I love it.

    ReplyDelete