Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Re-Routed

I was sitting in a meeting today when my iPhone started ringing off the hook. First it was my friend John, from Denver. Last I heard he was spending a couple months in France. Since I was busy I let it go to voice mail. But my mind started wandering, why is John calling me now?

A few minutes later, my phone rang again. This time it was my ex, Joe. Now I started getting nervous. Did something bad happen? My mind started racing though one worst-case scenario after another. Finally I excused myself from the meeting, explaining to my boss that I needed to take an urgent personal call.

I listened to Joe's message first. Then John's. Thankfully it wasn't the end of the world, just a stupid tech support call. It seems that on his way back from France, John is staying with Joe for a few days. John wanted to use Joe's wi-fi network, but kept fat-fingering the long security passphrase I wrote on a post-it note when I set up Joe's network.

Evidently, John offered to reset Joe's wi-fi password to something simpler and ended up locking the both of them out of the network. Now Joe is pissed at John and John wants me to walk him though fixing the router. I haven't called either one of them back yet, because I've had enough distractions at work for one day. We all know I'll be there tonight to fix Joe's network. All because John couldn't leave well enough alone. Jeez, you only have to type it once.



Yikes... Joe's calling again. Maybe it is the end of the world.

1 comment:

  1. Your password is like the title of a Fiona Apple album.

    ReplyDelete