Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Just Wanna Sleep, Part 1

After reading Jim's Stuff blog today I decided to join the fun answering Just A Jeep Guy's TMI Questions. Sean's latest topic is "Sleep", which I found interesting because so many of my answers are influenced by my relationship. Some of these I would have answered differently when I was single, and some depend on whether JB is at home or away.

I'm breaking my long-winded answers into a series of posts. Yes, I'm aware that the "too much" in T.M.I. refers to the juiciness of the information and not so much the actual quantity of it. But I enjoy taking things too literally.

Question 1: What do you wear to bed?


I know it's not the sexiest answer, but I'm a jammie guy. Usually a t-shirt and loose athletic shorts when it's warm and classic flannel during cold spells. There are a couple reasons for this.

Evidently approximately 300 people can't see directly
into our home because, you know, it's dark outside.
First, JB hates keeping the blinds and drapes closed, even at night. I'll close them only to turn around and find them open again. Since our condo is on the first level facing a courtyard and half a dozen high-rises, it sometimes feels like living in a fishbowl. One of our neighbors related that before becoming acquainted, we were simply referred to us as "the underwear guys."

I once asked JB if he's an exhibitionist, but he didn't know what that was. So when I asked if he enjoyed showing off his naked body to strangers, his response ("you think people can see me?") indicated he may think he's invisible. Oddly, he shuts the blinds tightly when dressing during the day. This leads me to believe he doesn't understand how light works. Thank god he looks good.

My second reason for wearing pj's is because I like to be cautiously prepared for late-night emergencies. This – along with whittling tiny race cars from blocks of wood and a flair for neckerchiefs – is what sticks with me from Boy Scouts.

On the occasions I do wake up naked, it's usually a side-effect of my debilitating post-orgasmic narcolepsy disorder. (When will the sufferers of POND get our telethon?)



If you're still awake, be sure to stay tuned for my riveting answers to the remaining questions:
2. Who or what sleeps with you at night?
3. Do you like a cold room or a hot room?
4. Lots of blankets or just one?
5. Do you hog the blankets?
6. What size is your bed and what kind of mattress is it?
7. Do you eat in bed?
8. What kind of sleeper are you?
9. What is under your bed?


5 comments:

  1. That's really a perfect TMI answer. Can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you live and who is this neighbor who was able to look into your condo? I want to visit them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the fishbowl affect in my apartment, but I still wear a t-shirt and cut-off sweats to bed. I've tried sleeping naked but I feel like I'm pole vaulting if I roll over in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to see a picture of you wearing sweats tight enough to tame morning wood. :^)

      Delete