Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Just Wanna Sleep, Part 3

I've been reminded that TMI questions aren't necessarily a blog challenge. That said, I've never successfully completed a blog challenge either. So here are more answers to Just A Jeep Guy's TMI Questions about sleep.

4. Lots of blankets or just one?

This is yet another question where JB and I differ. I'm happy with one blanket, heavier or lighter depending on the ambient temperature. JB likes the whole sheet-blanket-comforter-coverlet(?)-pillow-sham-dust-ruffle ensemble, tight and neat, irrespective of the season.

I was never much of a bed-maker. When it came to teaching me the skills required to be a well-adjusted, contributing adult member of society, my mother had bigger fish to fry. I'd make my bed if I was tidying up or expecting company, but otherwise I'd find it at night like I left it in the morning. JB is completely anal about making the bed. Forget finding me in bed with another man (although I'm sure that would be bad too), I cringe at the thought of JB coming home from work early and finding the bed unmade. It happened exactly once many years ago and he still talks about it.

So now that I make the bed daily we hit another point of contention. One that would be moot if we used plain, solid-colored sheets, but we never do. When making the bed, JB feels the top flat sheet should go printed side facing up. I make the bed with the printed side down. I try to logically explain my position: that you only ever see the top sheet when turning down the covers, and when you do, you want to see the printed side. We've agreed to disagree and leave sheet orientation at the discretion of the bed-maker.

5. Do you hog the blankets?

No.



If you're still awake, be sure to stay tuned for my riveting answers to the remaining questions:
6. What size is your bed and what kind of mattress is it?
7. Do you eat in bed?
8. What kind of sleeper are you?
9. What is under your bed?


1 comment:

  1. I think I would be more inclined to be a bed maker if I weren't such a be messed-upper. I have always wrapped myself up in all the blankets and by the time morning comes it is not unheard of for the head of the blankets/sheets to have been reversed so that I wake with them at the foot of the bed. Pillows have lost their cases and sheets are on the floor while I'm safely tucked in just the blanket.

    Because of this I have to do a lot more than make the bed - I have to deconstruct and start all over. Much more work and effort than what I think most people have to do to make the bed each day.

    Much like always having clean underwear on, living alone and then being in an accident taught me the importance of always leaving my fairly clean and tidy with the bed made - just in case.

    ReplyDelete