Thursday, June 27, 2013

Equality's Day

Here are my two favorite photos from yesterday's news.

This one had me tearing up at my desk. My boss asked if I was coming down with a cold. (Maybe I should call in sick today?)


Michael Knaapen and his husband John Becker react outside the US Supreme Court
in Washington DC on June 26, 2013. By Mladen Antonov/AFP/Getty.
Found on an excellent must-read post by Andrew Sullivan.

I love this photo because it elegantly expresses to the world exactly what this victory is all about. It's about equality, dignity and love; not about beating those who would oppose and oppress us. It says "We made it", without resorting to "In your face bitches, sashay away!" We'll leave that to our hero, Mrs. Windsor...


The cover of the latest Pride Magazine. Found on Joe My God.

And it's true. We do love you, Edie.

Bask in your victory folks, you deserve it.



2 comments: