Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What's Up, WebMD?

"Heyyy boys! Got any SPF 69?"
I've never really liked running. At best I've learned to tolerate it when I'm in one of my phases where I'm trying to make a habit of it.

Like now, for instance. My primary motivation is to be in shape. You know, for the sake of my long-term health. I kid, of course. What I really want is to be able to go shirtless at the pool without being mistaken for an albino walrus.

My latest running phase has reached the point where my cardiovascular endurance has improved enough for my other physical frailties and weaknesses to come to the fore. I recently missed a week of running due to a calf muscle strain. (My gastrocnemius, for you medical folk and gym bunnies.) While self-diagnosing my injury on the Internet, I made a troubling discovery regarding another problem I've been experiencing.

No, not erectile dysfunction. At least they got pills for that. I think the reason I've always found running to be a pain, literally, is a syndrome... Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome. This perfectly explains all my symptoms! Except the morning sickness.



No comments:

Post a Comment