Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Codependence Day

I have an extra 6 minutes!
For the past 15 years, the holiday of Independence Day has changed for me in meaning and scope. It's now called "JB's Birthday, Day 2: The Fireworks Edition". I've been preparing for two weeks and I'm still not close to being ready.

Today, the 3rd, is his actual birthday. But I bought an extra half a day of prep because he had a trip to Munich that doesn't get back until this afternoon.

I spent my lunch hour Monday at Best Buy looking for a fancy new iPhone case. Lunch hour yesterday was at Target, buying up all their red, white and blue party crap.

Today's lunch hour I'll be back at Best Buy returning the iPhone case, since JB mentioned during last night's FaceTime call that he bought one in Germany.

(Breath Pac! Ain't got time for one of your sissy panic attacks. Now focus.)

After getting to bed late, I was up again at 5am to start baking the cake. I have a bunch of meetings today, so I only have time to get two layers done. I'll finish the rest of the layers and ice the cake tonight.

Tomorrow morning is the annual Peachtree Road Race 10K. As it's going to be another late night, I'm not expecting a new personal best.

Oh no! This shade of blue isn't going
to do at all. Clear my schedule!!
Oh how I wish I could really say that.
Except maybe for my cake.

Seriously Target? Exploding 4th of July beer cups?
It's not like people will be drinking in proximity to flaming
BBQ grills and children frolicking with white hot sparklers.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh. Funfetti. I like JB already. Or you for making that. Funfetti cakes are the gayest thing I do - except sex with men and that one Madonna concert I went to in 2006.

    ReplyDelete