Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Buzz

I have a ritual I turn to in those times when I'm feeling stuck. Like I've lost my momentum and I'm not sure how to get it back. And I'm juggling too many things at once and need to prioritize. When the things that I want to do don't cleanly mesh with the things I need to accomplish. For when I've taken my eyes off my long term goals and I need to refocus.

I shave my head.

Then, for a few days, each glimpse of my reflection shakes me back into awareness. Every breeze and raindrop is a reminder. Each time I get my shirt stuck on my stubble as I'm getting undressed is allegorical.

Then it starts to grow back.






3 comments:

  1. By that theory, I should be the most aware guy in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling unstuck? Update us later this week with a picture.

    ReplyDelete