Thursday, December 5, 2013

For BosGuy

Working title: Peanuts You Bloody French Bitch

This is the clip I linked to in my previous post showing our airplane tray table. It tickles me so much I wanted to post the actual clip.

I'm sure you AbFab fans have seen this before. My cousin is in her early twenties and never heard of Absolutely Fabulous. I joked that as a FHIT (Fag Hag In Training), AbFab was essential knowledge and made her promise to watch watch at least one episode. I suggested the episode from which this clip is taken. Now she's hooked.

Several attempts have been made to port this show to American television, but nothing ever gained traction. I suppose that's probably for the best. It's hard to imagine an American version being as funny.

I know the British accents along with all the slang and the pop-culture references make the dialog hard to follow. But in this case it makes this show even more enjoyable for me. I can watch the same episode over and over and each time pick up more of the humor. It just keeps getting funnier.

I'm dedicating this clip to BosGuy and his partner Sergio who are wrapping up what by all accounts appears to be an absolutely fabulous vacation in Brazil. Call it a hunch, but I get the feeling BosGuy also relates to this...






2 comments:

  1. You can't watch just once. You have to watch the same episode several times just to sometimes understand what they said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this when I came back and perused your blog. I love it! Thank you for the shout out and thoughtful dedication. :-)

    ReplyDelete