Monday, February 3, 2014

Big House

These past several weeks I started a lot of blog posts I never finished. No matter what I tried to write about – the upcoming cruise, my diet, the snow storm – it all seemed trivial. Because my cat was sick. I even started one about my sick cat. It's sitting there in my drafts.

Over the past six months our house has gradually gotten smaller and smaller as we had to close off one room after another to keep poor Aggie from soiling the carpet. It was bad enough he was always a "litterbox adjacent" kind of cat, but toward the end he just didn't care. We couldn't fault him. We never scolded him.

I thought it would be hard to decide when it would be time to "throw in the towel", so to speak. But it turned out it wasn't up to me. Sometimes, compared to us, animals make incredible humans.





1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. We have been there before and will be there again sooner than we hope.

    ReplyDelete