Friday, July 18, 2014

Emojination

What would I do without my emoji? I'd probably still be using ascii emoticons like some sort of steam punk. I mean no disrespect to those nerds, of course. ;^)

I don't know if Android phones do his, but my iPhone keeps track of my recently used emoji (Emojis? Emojii?) in order of frequency of use. This keeps the little guys I rely upon the most right at my thumb tips.

I began wondering what my frequently used emoji say about me. Any ideas?




Overall I'd say my "positive" emoji outnumber my negative emoji two-to-one. If it helps, the "Anticlockwise Downwards And Upwards" character is my shorthand for "backflip". As in, "Let me express my excitement with virtual acrobatics that would put a person half my age in traction IRL." It's positive, but I wish there were a better character I could use to express this. It kind of defeats the purpose when you have to explain your emoji.

And FYI, the turd is positive. You know that because it's smiling.

I'd love to see what other people's "Recently Used" emoji look like, and what that collection might say about them.


5 comments:

  1. i hate to say it, but I didn't know my iPhone could use these or where something like Mr. Poop is stored.

    Yo - a little help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Settings, general, keyboard, keyboards, add new keyboard, Emoji.

      You should see a new button on your keyboard that looks like a globe in the lower left. Use that to switch between keyboards.

      "A pile of poo that is shaped like a soft-serve ice cream.

      From Emojipedia: "Pile of Poo - A pile of poo that is shaped like a soft-serve ice cream. Brown in color, and for some reason smiling in a friendly and approachable manner in most versions of this artwork. Shown as a more literal pile of poo with flies circling in Google’s artwork."

      Delete
  2. I wanted to post mine but couldn't post a picture. It does me I need to pay attention to the emoji's that I use :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A smiling poo is a happy poo.

    ReplyDelete