Thursday, December 18, 2014

Go Pack Go

Who needs hand-warmers when deep-fried
cheese curds do the job just as well?
These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of holiday travel. We visited the JB's family in Chicago and mine in Green Bay. My sister's gift this Christmas was Packers tickets. The Monday Night Football match against the Falcons. Although I now live in Atlanta, my allegiance will always be to my first home team.

My mom was the biggest Packers fan ever. I think her pet name for me as a toddler was "Packer" because she dreamed of me one day playing on Lambeau Field. That, or she already sensed I was gay and my childhood nickname was actually a homophobic slur.

The game was so much fun. I had a blast watching JB's first Lambeau experience. Out of the 75,000 people at the game, I'm pretty sure there was only one Mexican wearing a cheesehead.

I called JB "Nacho". Just once.

2 comments:

  1. I love that photo. Did GB win? I don't follow football except to occasionally ogle one of the New England Patriots players. Hope you can relax at home over the holidays and that you and JB have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, at least she didn't call you Packee. bc.....well............you know.

    ReplyDelete