Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cornwinkle

Sure I thought about getting the Apple Watch. But I'm kind of tired of always being the early adopter for these things. This time I think I'll wait for the Apple Watch 3 Air Plus.

So what to do with that $400 burning a hole in my pocket? Sunglasses!

Which is probably ten times more than I've ever spent on a pair of sunglasses. Experience has taught me that the cost of sunglasses is inversely proportional to the number of days I get to enjoy them before leaving them in a corner booth at Chili's.

This explains the tacky white sunglasses I'm always wearing. They were free swag from some bar party sponsored by Corona Light and I wore them without caring they made me look like Belinda Carlisle's stunt double from the Vacation video. Until I see the photos. But I can't throw them without their coming back to me. Because I paid nothing for them and possibly their boomerang shape.

But then a few weeks ago I saw this viral video for glasses which correct colorblindness...



My new Enchroma sunglasses arrived Tuesday and they're fantastic. I don't know if they allow me to see "normally", but I'm definitely seeing colors in a way I never have before. JB is getting tired of my pointing and shouting "PINK!". Especially when he's driving.

It's always difficult trying to explain how my experience of color is different from everyone else's. Almost every time I tell someone I'm colorblind, they run around pointing to things asking "So what color is this?" And they seem disappointed when I guess it right.

My explanation has always been that a 64-pack of Crayolas looks the same as a 24-pack with a bunch of duplicates thrown in. Only the labels on the duplicates have different and often baffling names.

I was that kid the in school... the one who couldn't tell his Cornflower from his Periwinkle.




2 comments:

  1. I just can't visilize you in a corner booth at Chili's! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not as chunky as Belinda is in that video. Just sayin....'

    ReplyDelete