Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Arrivederci

Once again I find myself at an airport bar standing by for a flight. This time I'm attempting to get to Rome. I probably don't need to clarify this for those of you outside of Georgia, but the Rome I'm aiming for is in Itally.

I've been preparing for this trip for two weeks, learning some basic phrases in Italian and researching the best places to eat. I'm on a diet again, so it's important that if I do eat gelato, it's the best gelato this planet has to offer.

I've never been to Rome (Italy) but from what I've read online, tourist traps abound. I'll be damned if I'm going to go all the way to eat crappy food made for Americans who don't know any better. Even though I'm an American that doesn't know any better. As far as my tastebuds are concerned, my Italian food experience begins at Little Ceasers and ends at Olive Garden.

Be that as it may, I'm determined to deport myself in Italy as if I were a worldly gourmand, wise to the ways of carpaccio  and cachio รจ pepe.

That's assuming I get on the flight. If not, you'll probably find me in Rome Georgia. At The Olive Garden.





5 comments:

  1. Cool. Have fun. Bring back pics and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Have fun. Bring back pics and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY YOUR TRIP.... IC your kitties have a sitter.... Tell her when bending over on the patio she should have drawers on. ����

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rome. Enjoy la dolce vita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *is* there an Olive Garden in Rome, GA?

    ReplyDelete