Monday, December 14, 2015

One Step Forward...

I'm still trying to get up to speed for the holidays. The condo renovations are approximately 95% complete. That's down from a high of 99% on November 30th before I discovered a leak from my clogged air conditioner condensation drain soaked about 100 square feet of my brand new hardwood.

The good news is that it looks like we'll be able to save the flooring, however the baseboards ripped up by the remediation crew in order to dry inside the walls still need to be replaced. The damage extended to two storage closets, so all the items which are usually kept out of sight are now piled high in my blogging den.

Since all the noisy fans and dehumidifiers have finally been taken away, we were able to get the tree up this weekend. Then I got the sad news that my godmother passed away so I'll be spending several days this week in Michigan.

This doesn't give me much time for my usual pre-Christmas tasks of shopping, baking and crafting but I'll do my best. I got all the ingredients for a gingerbread project, although I'm still not sure what I'm going to construct. It's going to be hard to beat last year's edible tableau of StevieB topping an anonymous trick behind an Eagle dumpster. Any ideas?



Again this year I'm relying on The Crafty Lumberjacks for holiday inspiration. I really liked their idea of lighting the Charlie Brown themed shipping box which is being offered by the US Postal Service this year. While the exact box those hunky lumberjacks used was easy to find, the most difficult and frustrating part of the entire project was the 30 minutes waiting in the post office line to buy the damn thing.






2 comments:

  1. crafting? you? I had no idea.

    Sorry about the leak. That has got to be such a pain in the butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete