Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Moving On Up

"Look Peter, I can see your
house from here!"



I know. The past year and a half have been a wild ride for me, working freelance. Before this I would have thought that being my own boss and working from home would make blogging easier. The reality was quite different. By necessity my time management consisted of only two modes: working and finding more work.

But the past six months have included another mode: Job search. Having a steady-ish income allowed me to be a bit pickier than previous job searches, but my imperative was to have a new job by the time I turned 50. One with a matching 401-K.

Two weeks ago yesterday, and two days before my birthday, I began the latest chapter of my career in a swanky new office on the twenty-sixth floor of a Buckhead tower.

There are a lot of things to like about my new job. But one of the best is being able to wake up, pour my first cup of coffee, sit down at the computer and write without that nagging, guilty feeling that I should be doing something else. Blogging is exactly what I should be doing right now.

2 comments:

  1. yay good for you. i understand your plight of 'should be' looking for a job instead of you know, walking the dog, or breathing. congrats on the new gig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay good for you. i understand your plight of 'should be' looking for a job instead of you know, walking the dog, or breathing. congrats on the new gig.

    ReplyDelete